As well as using the pumpkins in cooking projects at school we also made a display about pumpkins for the RHS Westminster show.
Age range: Suitable for ages 3-8You will need: Orange, green and brown coloured card Coloured pens or pencils Glue
- Cut out a giant pumpkin shape.
- Cut out another identical shape and cut into segments.
- Cut out a green stalk
- Print out the ‘Did you know’ factsheet for each pupil
- Read the pumpkin fact sheets and discuss.
- These sheets can then be decorated with drawings and writing.
- Give each pupil a segment of pumpkin.
- Using the fact sheet or books, ask the pupils to graffiti their segment, using drawings and key words.
- Once finished stick the segments together on top of the large pumpkin shape.
- Attach the stalk and the display is finished.