The labels can remain outside and used to identify what is growing in the garden.
Age range: Suitable for ages 4-8You will need: Print outs of the Mi Jardin worksheets for all the pupils. Clipboards Pencils Copies of the labels Laminator Sticks Pins
- Print outs of the MI JARDIN worksheets for all pupils. You can tailor this according to what is growing in your garden.
- Print out the coloured labels
- Cut out the labels and then laminate
- Cut the labels out, making sure you leave a large border plastic. This is so that water is unable to get into the paper within
- Pin the labels onto sticks about 1-2 ft. long
- Give each pupil a worksheet.
- Ask them to go around the garden identifying as many fruits and vegetables as they can, marking them off on their worksheets when they find them.
- When they have all finished go around the garden with , identifying where the plants were. Ask the children to repeat the name in Spanish and whoever does the best, they get to put the label in the ground.